The splendid and historical Grand Palace, the famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, and the remarkable culture therein are just some of the best things that you can witness in the Land of Smiles, Thailand.
Located 2,208 kilometers away from Manila, Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand. Aside from its glorious history, the culture, people, and the sceneries are truly worth the expectations. So if you are off to Thailand for your next vacation, make this article handy as we give you a list of the best things to do in this bewitching country.1. Witness the intricacies of the Grand Palace. Located at the heart of Bangkok, the Grand Palace was said to be the king’s home for 150 years. Its measure is ranging up to 218,400 square meters so you will surely have tons of spots to capture your selfies with. Just make sure that you are wearing the proper attire consisting of long pants and shirts with sleeves for men and no bare shoulders or see-through clothes for women. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter.
2. Experience the authentic Thai massage. Even though there are various massage centers offering Thai massage here in the Philippines, the one done in the country where it originated is still definitely worth the try. A lot of massage parlors are offering it in the city and you can afford it at a very cheap price.
3. Shop at the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. The biggest and most famous floating market in Thailand is located 100km outside of Bangkok. This shopping haven is truly the best go-to if you want to buy native food and fruits as well as local products.
4. Visit the humongous skyscraper Sathorn Unique Tower. Although it wasn’t finished due to the global financial crisis back in the nineties, this unofficial tourist attraction is still a must-see to experience a breathtaking view of the city of Bangkok.
5. Ride a scooter along the road. Drive like a local by means of riding a scooter as you travel across the wondrous city of Bangkok. You just have to make sure that you obey their own traffic rules and be very careful on driving. Surely, you wouldn’t want to incur accidents as you travel in this foreign land.
6. Indulge in their authentic cuisine. Just like the Philippines, this country also loves street food. And of course, the best way to really explore their culture is to try out what they have to offer. Pad Thai, Som Tam (papaya salad), and grilled meat cuts are just some of the gastronomic treats you surely want to munch in.
7. Don’t forget to pay a visit at Ayutthaya. Although it is located 80 kilometers north of Bangkok City, Ayutthaya City is worth the travel. This UNESCO World Heritage Site was known for being the capital of the Siam Kingdom and international trading from 1350 until it was burned by the Burmese back in 1767. But, its classic beauty remains as its ruins stand still and ready for your eyes to see.
Now that you know where to go, why not try out the Bangkok, Thailand package of Marsman Drysdale Travel and Tours? Get the perks of being our customer and enjoy your trip as you bask in the glory of Thailand. Have a safe trip!