Surround yourself in the greens and blues of this exhilarating holiday! Discover the lush forests and countryside of Slovenia and the Adriatic Sea along the Croatian coast. Add to this the breathtaking natural wonders of the Postojna Caves, Plitvice National Park, and the Neretva Gorges, as well as man-made splendors of the historical city centers in Zadar, Split, and Dubrovnik. See the rebuilt Mostar Bridge and Sarajevo, famous for its unique blend of cultures. Also visit Zagreb, Croatia’s capital, before returning to Ljubljana, Slovenia’s gateway to the Alps—a magnificent holiday! For the value-minded traveler wanting to have an in-depth experience of the Netherlands, this is the perfect Holland vacation!
1. ARRIVE IN LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA.
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to see some of Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital, with a strong alpine architectural flavour. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. (D)
2. LJUBLJANA-POSTOJNA CAVES- ZADAR, CROATIA.
Undoubtedly, one of the highlights on this tour is a visit to the POSTOJNA CAVES. Your included visit is comprised of a TRAIN ride and a walking tour, which will allow you to see what are possibly Europe’s most extensive and best-known caves. Then, into Croatia, travelling along the coast to Zadar. Over the centuries, Zadar was ruled by Venetians, Austro/ Hungarians, by Italy after WWI, and today belongs to Croatia. Find out more during the included guided tour (B,D)
Drive south to Split to visit the former town home of Roman Emperor Diocletian, his PALACE, and JUPITER TEMPLE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See more of the lovely Dalmatian Coast before reaching Dubrovnik. (B)
Dubrovnik is the best-preserved Croatian medieval city and the liveliest in Dalmatia. Visit the FRANCISCAN MONASTERY and the RECTOR PALACES, where the Local Guide will give you a full commentary, including the history of this beautifully preserved medieval architectural wonder. Afternoon and evening optional excursions are available. (B)
5. DUBROVNIK-NERETVA GORGES- MOSTAR, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA-SARAJEVO.
Enjoy a scenic drive into the rugged beauty of the Neretva Valley. Stop in Mostar, where a Local Guide shows you the Turkish Quarter with the TURKISH HOUSE, the MOSQUE, and the reconstructed 16th-century bridge. On to Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia- Herzegovina and certainly the most Turkish-looking city in the Balkans-famous for its mosques, markets, and bazaars. Discover the city with a Local Guide and get acquainted with its architectural highlights, including the GAZI HUSREVBEG MOSQUE. (B,D)
6. SARAJEVO-PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK, CROATIA.
Travel north today back into Croatia to visit the country’s famous PLITVICE NATIONAL PARK. Enjoy a walk with a Local Guide through the breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder. Its 16 lakes, wooded hills, waterfalls, and cascades make it one of Europe’s most loved national parks. (B,D)
7. PLITVICE-ZAGREB-LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA.
Get to know Croatia’s capital on the included city tour. The city is packed with historic buildings, such as the gothic St. Marcus Church. Continue to Ljubljana, where a Local Guide will help you appreciate its imperial beauty. (B)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- INDIVIDUAL HEADSETS.
- INSIDE VISITS AND SPECIAL FEATURES Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- SIGHTSEEING Visit to Postojna Caves.
- SCENIC HIGHLIGHTS Dalmatian Coast, Neretva Gorges.
- GUIDES Guided city sightseeing in Zadar, Split, Dubrovnik, Mostar, Sarajevo, Plitvice National Park, Zagreb, Ljubljana; professional Tour Director while touring.
- TRANSPORTATION Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach.
- HOTELS Rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, porterage, tips,and service charges.