REVISED RULES FOR ARRIVING PASSENGERS COMING FROM COUNTRIES IN THE GREEN LIST
Date: 11 October 2021
Effective October 14, 2021, the IATF revised the rules for arriving passengers coming from “Green” countries. Below are the summary of the new guidelines:
1. For fully vaccinated foreign nationals, a negative RT-PCR test is required to be taken within 72 hours prior to the departure from the country of origin. Upon arrival, no facility-based quarantine will be required but the passenger is enjoined to self-monitor for any symptoms until the 14th day.
2. For fully vaccinated arriving Filipinos, they can choose facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken in the quarantine facility upon arrival, or no facility-based quarantine after getting a negative RT-PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin. The passenger is also enjoined to self-monitor for any symptoms until the 14th day.
3. For the unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or individuals whose vaccination status cannot be independently verified, and those vaccinated did not take an RT-PCR test 72 hours prior departure, they shall undergo a facility-based quarantine until the release of a negative RT-PCR test taken on the 5th day. In the case of foreign nationals, they shall be required to secure hotel reservations for at least 6 days.
4. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minor children traveling with their fully vaccinated parent/s or guardians shall be required to observe the quarantine protocols corresponding to their vaccination status. A parent/guardian shall accompany the child in the quarantine facility for the full term of the latter’s facility-based quarantine period.
Accepted vaccination status documents:
1. OFWs and immediate family and non-OFWs vaccinated in the country or overseas (any of the following)
a. VaxCertPH digital certificate
b. Bureau of Quarantine or World Health Organization issued International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV)
c. National digital certificate of the foreign government where they were vaccinated
2. Foreigners vaccinated overseas
a. World Health Organization issued International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV)
b. National digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal agreement
Green List Countries: American Samoa, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Chad, China (mainland), Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Hungary, Madagascar, Mali, Federated States of Micronesia, Montserrat, New Zealand, Niger, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Poland, Saba (Special Municipality of the Kingdom of Netherlands), Saint Pierre, Sierra Leone, Sint Eustatius, Taiwan, Algeria, Bhutan, Cook Islands, Eritrea, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, North Korea, Saint Helena, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Uzbekistan, and Yemen.
*List effective from October 1 – 31, 2021. Subject to change. Sources: https://pcoo.gov.ph/news_releases/iatf-releases-latest-community-quarantine-classifications/ | https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1156572
Marsman Drysdale Travel Inc.
Our standard operating hours starts from 8:30AM until 5:00PM daily. For emergency support, after office hours and weekends, you may reach us through our hotline, +63918 979 0937 (Smart), available from 5:00PM to 2:00AM (next day).