Date: 27 January 2021
Please see updates below.
Affected passengers may email your Marsman Travel Consultant for clarification and assistance.
Our standard operating hours starts from 8:30AM until 5:00PM daily. For emergency support, after office hours and weekends, you may reach us through our hotline, +63918 979 0937 (Smart), available from 5:00PM to 2:00AM (next day).
Marsman Drysdale Travel Inc.
PH GOV’T ISSUES NEW RULES ON TESTING/QUARANTINE FOR PASSENGERS FROM COUNTRIES WITH UK VARIANT
Effective January 23, 2021, passengers arriving in the Philippines from countries covered by travel restrictions shall be given RT-PCR testing upon arrival and shall be given the option to avail of a second swab test on their 5th day of quarantine.
1. Passengers arriving in the Philippines are required to register on Case Investigation Forms depending on their traveler type and port of entry.
2. For OFWs arriving in Manila, swab testing on arrival will be carried out by the government One Stop Shop, free of charge. For non-OFWs and eligible non-Filipinos arriving in Manila, swab testing will be carried out by the PAL One Stop Shop for a fee of PHP 4,000. (Discounts for Sr.Citizens and PWDs apply)
3. Passengers will proceed to their respective quarantine facilities or hotels.
4. For 2nd Swab Test:
– If you receive a negative RT-PCR test result and are in quarantine at a government-designated facility (free accommodation) and choose to take the second swab test, this test shall be administered by the Philippine Red Cross and Philippine Coast Guard, free-of-charge. For a follow-up on your scheduled swab test, please coordinate with the head nurse available in your hotel.
– Travelers in government-designated facilities WITHIN Metro Manila have the option to undergo the second RT-PCR test at their own expense. (Please read below the details of this option.)
– If you receive a negative RT-PCR test result and are in quarantine at a DOH-accredited hotel of your own choice (on passenger’s account) for stringent quarantine WITHIN Metro Manila and choose to take the second swab test, the test will be administered by Detoxicare Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory at a prescribed area in the hotel, with test results released within 24 hours. Cost of test is PHP4,000.
Please note that our testing partner requires a two-day lead time between your registration on the second test and the actual day of testing. You may pre-pay online or onsite. Please be advised that completing the 14-day quarantine is an option only for travelers who paid for their own hotels.
5. Once the second swab test is administered on the 5th day of quarantine, passengers must continue their hotel/facility stay and await results.
6. A passenger who tests negative on the second swab test must register via the DOH-BOQ Certificate Page to receive his/her quarantine and medical certificate. Passenger will present the two negative test results and the certificate for clearance and check out from the hotel. Completion of the 14-day quarantine at home under the monitoring of one’s Local Government Unit is highly encouraged.
7. A passenger who tests positive on the second swab test will be provided proper guidance by the BOQ on the succeeding steps.
EXEMPTED FROM TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The Philippine government’s latest directive also expanded the coverage of exemptions from current restrictions on inbound travel to the Philippines from countries with cases of the UK COVID-19 variant.
Exempted from the passenger ban on inbound travel to the Philippines are:
– Foreign nationals with valid visas, which include personnel of accredited international organizations,
– Spouse and minor children of Filipino citizens traveling with them. Spouse and minor children of Filipino citizens must hold valid entry visas and must present proof of affiliation with Filipino citizen such as marriage certificate or birth certificate.
– Persons arriving for medical and emergency cases, including their medical escorts, if any.